Wednesday 29 August 2012

A hard pill to swallow

My Monday Bank Holiday 6+ mile run bubble has burst. Infused with inspiration to get back into my running schedule, I was up before the crack of dawn this morning. Squeezing into my non-maternity running clothes, I waited until my coffee had kicked in and there was a little bit of sunlight outside (I'm a bit scared of running in the dark).

I always walk for a few minutes to warm up, but it was evident as soon as I started running that my pelvis had not recovered from my long run on Monday. This immediate pain is not normal, so I kept going for about 30 seconds before deciding it was best to bail. I'm not feeling despondent just yet because I'm hoping that it's just too soon after my long run to have attempted another run. I'm really hoping that I will successfully complete my run tomorrow.

What does bother me is the implication that I might not be able to do any more long runs. There's something about running long that fills me with pride and confidence. I will miss that if I have to give it a break and only be able to do shorter runs.

In the meantime, I'm going to start looking at stationary bikes just to make sure I can keep up with exercising. That's how motivated I'm feeling, so I might as well make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment