Sunday 22 July 2012

The Path to Positivity

My husband and I had a rare night out last night. Dinner and a movie. We didn't get home until well after midnight. And then my son was up at 5am.

Despite the lack of sleep, I still went for my long(ish) Sunday run. I felt really sluggish and negative, but the scenery helped to shift my mood and my motivation.

How beautiful is this? This is the Thames path heading to Teddington Lock

Don't be fooled by the flatness of this path. The stones make this a very tricky run. I'm waiting to see which tiny muscles are going to be sore tomorrow. 

If I was a better photographer, you'd see a bunch of rowers. Maybe here for the Olympics? I did see someone running with a pole (practicing for the torch relay next week?)!

And Teddington Lock. Much more beautiful in person. What is it about water that is so calming? Being near it always helps me recharge. 


And while I'm feeling tired and drained post run, I'm so happy that I got out there. That positivity will carry me through me day.

No comments:

Post a Comment